REGULAR MEETING OF THE WASHINGTON COUNTY QUORUM COURT
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Washington County Quorum Court Room
A G E N D A
1. CALL TO ORDER. JUDGE EDWARDS
2. PRAYER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
3. ROLL CALL.
4. ADOPTION OF AGENDA. At the beginning of each
meeting, the agenda shall be approved. Any JP may
request an item be added to the agenda subject to
approval of the Quorum Court.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES. Approval of the minutes of
the July 9 regular meeting of the Quorum Court meeting. (5.1)
6. A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING JOHN BURROW TO
SOLEMNIZE THE MARRIAGE OF TIM CONKLIN AND
MICHELE BECHHOLD ON OCTOBER 17, 2009, IN
FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS. (6.1) STEVE ZEGA
7. A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AFTON EMBRY TO
SOLEMNIZE THE MARRIAGE OF MATHEW LEE EMBRY
AND MISTY LEA BALL ON OCTOBER 25, 2009, IN
FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS. (7.1) JOE PATTERSON
8. FINANCE REPORT. (8.1) STEVE ZEGA
9. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT. (9.1) JUDGE EDWARDS
10. COMMITTEE REPORTS.
A. Amendments to the Employee Handbook.
The Personnel Committee is recommending
amendments to the Sick Leave policy. Changes
to the Employee Handbook must be approved
by a majority vote of the full Quorum Court. (10.1) MICAH NEAL
11. AN ORDINANCE AMENDING WASHINGTON COUNTY
CODE 11-196 AND 11-198 CONCERNING EXPANSION
OF NONCONFORMING USES. This ordinance is on
first reading and is being brought to the Quorum Court by
JP Candy Clark. (11.1, 11.2) CANDY CLARK
12. AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE WASHINGTON COUNTY
CODE OF ORDINANCE PERTAINING TO POLICIES AND
PROCEDURES REGARDING TRAVEL. This ordinance is on
first reading and is being recommended by the Personnel
Committee. Upon adoption of this ordinance, the Travel Rules
and Regulations for County Employees and Elected Officials
will need to be approved by a majority vote of the full Quorum
Court. (12.1, 12.2) MICAH NEAL
13. OTHER BUSINESS.
14. CITIZEN’S COMMENTS. Fifteen-minute comment period
with a three-minute limit for each individual to comment on
items on the agenda or other items.